In an all out effort to achieve Super Stock supremacy in late 1963, Ford commissioned Dearborn Steel Tubing to build a special Fairlane they would call the Thunderbolt. Only 100 were built, and were equipped as follows:
427 "High Riser" engine with forced air induction & factory designed tubular headers, special race suspension by DST, fiberglass front fenders and hood, aluminum front bumper, plexiglass side windows, lightweight Bostrom bucket seats, lightweight rubber floor mats, heater delete, radio delete, arm rests delete, rear window regulators delete, passenger visor and wiper delete, insulation-sealant-sound deadener delete, factory Rotunda tach.
- Delivered Feb 13, 1964. Sold personally by Ed Martin. Ed Martin Ford, Indianapolis
- Number 51 of the 100 T-Bolts built and one of only 39 four speed cars.
- One of the most original, complete, and authentic Thunderbolts in existence.
- All original lightweight components
- All original body panels - matching body numbers
- Original engine block
- Complete documented history from day one.
- Very successful racing career - AHRA national record holder.
- Featured in Super Fords Magazine, Oct/Nov 1993
- Feature car in Ford's T-Bolt 40th Anniversary Brochure.
Contact us for additional information and pricing.